See, I had score AIR 14 in FIITJEE XRET last year and they gave a 100% scholarship. Now,I visited both the centres,what I would suggest you is if 40-50% of your syllabus is covered (at a good level),then no need to join a coaching. But,if you are starting new in your drop year,I would suggest, blindly go for FIITJEE South Delhi centre. The atmosphere there is great. Infact,the feel of study that u get at Kalu Sarai can't even be compared at the AV centre.
Now, if you join FIITJEE South Delhi centre,keep these things in mind which no one would tell you
- Go for F,G,H batches (SDPA89F/G/H)....,they have better students and obviously best faculties.These batches commences from 1st week to 2nd of July.
I was in G1,and I had the best Physics and Maths faculty of the centre.
- Tool hard for first two months to get into Sankalp batches(there's one in droppers batch).The catch here is they will evaluate your first Phase Test marks.Last year,only F lot were admitted to Sankalp batches as G/H batches were lagging behind a lot. Now ,if you are from G/H batches,try to get yourself registered for F lot Phase Test. ( This is what I didn't know last year,and I missed the chance). Remember,you will have to work hard,last year cutoff was 254/360 and I had scored 281 and still it wasn't considered. So,keep yourself aware about what's happening nearby.
- Donor purchase too many books in the beginning. For,first two months,the packages would be enough. Then, slowly,you would realise there isn't enough time to solve other books.
- Since,you were already a FIITJEE student,get your GMP and REVIEW Package (more important) with you. Try to solve it from November . This would do wonders in your revision side-by-side.Dont wait for the centre to provide you these in the month of March.
5.Make full use of DCC /Lib:- God forbids if you don't get a good faculty ,then don't ignore the subject. This I realised in the month of Jan. After your classes till 2:30, stay in the Library for 4-5 hours and get every doubt sorted out. But,you need to be very selective about the teachers as all kinds of teachers are appointed in DCC. I would advise (PAY for Physics, MRV and MDKS for Maths).
- Never ever get relaxed in the month of October, November, December, January. Every student works hard in the first and last two months,but rankers toil hard for entire year.
Apart from all these,give your best. I remember Gaurav and I,both had 20 k rank in Mains last year. We joined together,he opted for F batch, And I opted for G(as it was suppose to start a week later) and he did everything I mentioned above and I started them all very late. At end, I scored 4K rank in Mains and He scored 102 rank. So, remember,every decision you would make and every second you spend would matter at the end.