For JEE Main, Cengage JEE Main PCM series or Tata McGraw Hill Complete PCM series?

Hello, If my aim is only "JEE Mains". Which series should I refer, Should I refer Cengage's JEE Main Phy/Chem/Math series or Tata McGraw hill's Complete Phy/Chem/Math series? If other books please suggest me that.

Listen first tell you want to follow books both for practice and theory or just one of them ?

If you are just concerned about jee mains then go for tmh

I want just for practice....
My family is more concerned about me.. they want me to study in NITK although I have ability to clear advanced.. as they are feared my health might not support me in outer states

Tmh would be enough for jee mains bhaiya?
Presently I am solving:
Physics:
1.HC VERMA
2.DC PANDEY
3. IE IRODOV
4. SS KROTOV
Chemistry:
1.NCERT
2. Dr.RK GUPTA
3. N AWASTHI
4. JD LEE
5. SOLOMONS
Mathematics:

1. ARIHANT SERIES
  2. HALL AND KNIGHT
  3. SL LONEY: TRIGO & COORDINATE

Now I am confined to jee mains as I have been advised that my health will not permit me in outer states and hence I should study in NITK Surathkal Karnataka
Although I have ability and I am always top 1 at my coaching in both mains and advanced tests I am unable :frowning:
So Should I quit all these books and start solving a single set of books for mains??

Are you from Karnataka?

Not like that ...keep solve all these as they give more clarity in concepts ... it will help in mains for sure :+1:t2:

@Aprameya_2021 it totally depends on you , if you are sure that you have to aim ‘just for mains’ then krotov and irodov are highly irrelevant for you , but if in case you are still considering jee advanced then you should stick with the same set of books as mentioned but you in the above post.

Yes I'm from karnataka

Ok bhaiya.. so If I'm focusing only on mains what books should I refer??

@Aprameya_2021 even I'm from Karnataka but I'm living in Kota, Rajasthan for almost three years. Even my mom lives with me here and we haven't got any health problems. Ask yourself what you need. Even I had faced problems then in 10th but I made it here. You must strongly believe in what you need.

My family's financial conditions will not permit me to go to Kota.
I've joined Aakash in my city and I am performing well in every competitive exam....
Now I aiming to NITK Surathkal as it wouldn't create burden on my family...
I'm doing best with the limited resources I could get....
So hence please suggest me the books I should read for only JEE MAINS.... you can see the books I am referring presently in my above post...
Should I use TMH or Cengage or Arihant

1 Like

For physics :- Dc pandey
Chemistry:- level 1 of balaji books
Maths:- cengage intext ( will be a bit more than mains , but as you have already studied much tougher books , i don’t think it should be a concern for you to practise a bit more than just mains )

IMO you should not limit yourself to any particular college at this time, this is something which you have to think after jee.
Just try your best to improve your concept, accuracy, speed and problem solving abilities and you will do great.:blush::blush:

I didn't mean that. I only meant to give your best, wherever you are.

Thank you so much for your advise and wishes bro.

Thank you bhaiya, based on your advice I am following these books-
Physics: HC Verma,DC Pandey
Chemistry:NCERT,Balaji elementary,cengage jee main chemistry
Mathematics: McGraw hill complete mathematics
Along with my aakash modules..
Thanks a lot bhaiya!
Please guide me If I have any fault in this sequence

These are more than enough