Doubt from reaction mechanism

27 ans d how and in 28 ans is c i thought it would be b becaz of double bond chatacter

Answer should be B of 28

Sir but won’t C)give anti aromatic compound.
after forming carbocation.

But how we can remove Br from benzene ring it highly unstable.

2 Likes

@Shaquib both B and C won’t do Sn1 easily but still tendency of Sn1 in C is even worst than B because C is going from non aromatic to anti aromatic whereas B was aromatic and is still aromatic only C+ is not being stabilised

So tendency of Sn1 in B>C
But , question says that in which of these Sn1 won’t happen easily so B,C in both of these Sn1 won’t happen easily

Sir if quesn comes in jee then which option tp choose

Jee never asks such ambiguous questions , and if they asks , then mostly they give bonus marking for such questions. But still B can be said to be a bit more favourable than C for Sn1 due to the reasons explained in the post #5 and hence option C can be considered to be more appropriate answer

1 Like

We never form cation on benzene in whole organic chemistry.how we can make this.

@Shaquib It is formed in the reaction of Benzenediazonium salt

1 Like

That happens at very high temprature to break D.B.C. & that is not favourable.

right both b and c will not give but b will 100 % dont give because of very hight double bond character in bond....

Sir in case of SNar1 it happens I think as @Shwetanshu_2018

@Bhuvanitha_2020 in SNar it isn’t formed but in other reactions, it is formed .

I guess the motive of this question is already solved so I don’t think that discussing further on this will lead us anywhere .

Pls do ignore my before post ..thanks

1 Like