Doubt from periodic properties

finding-ionisation-energy
periodic-properties
electronic-configuration
easy
unsolved
pp

Example 33 i have a doubt in ist part and 2nd part they have arranged differently how can they give different answer for different parts

Question no 44 and 48 with explanation

The answer for question 44 is b). Because across the period, the size decreases due to increase in effective nuclear charge,so size of C is greater than size of O and for group,size increases.

1 Like

Question 50,56 and 61 with explanation

For Q 50),
Basically we all know that ionisation energy is the energy required to ionise( to reach at infinity) the electron from an isolated gaseous atom. So,greater is the ionisation energy, that means more energy is to remove that electron. So,greater is the stability of
That oxidation state.
So,correct answer is +3.

Correct answer is +2

Question no 73,74 and 75 with explanation

I think for 74 it's option d because after I.E.1 ,O has become half filled so it's I.E.2 will be maxm among them. Now the effective nuclear charge on Ne >F >N as size decreases the period...
Pls check..

For 75 , I think it should be option 1 as size of F is very small and F- has more electronic repulsions..

For 74 answer key says option c and for 75 option b

I am confused regarding ionisation enthalpy and electron gain enthalpy regarding questions as in electron gain enthalpy when question asks about highest electron gain enthalpy do we consider highest -ve electron gain enthalpy or +ve and what about ionisation enthalpy?

And what about arrangement of eletron affinity in increasing or decreasing order are they same for electron gain enthalpy?

Yes,for Q 74) you are right,the correct option will be D) and your reason is correct.

But answer key says c thats why i have a doubt

I will ask my teacher tomorrow..

I think the answer given in your answer key is wrong for this question.