Doubt from acidic and basic strength

Question no 5

Here structure d doesn’t seem correct , there is no bond between C and H2 also id it’s single bond then there should be H3 and if it has single bond then it will be same as structure C

1 Like

Actually d compound is this

1 Like

Then answer should be option C
For checking acidic strength remove the H+ and them check the stability of -ve charge created , greater is the stability more is the acidic strength
In struc b there will be resonance and hence most stable
In struc C there is max +I so least stable
In struc D there will be lesser +I than in struc C
And in struc A no effect
Hence b>A>d>c

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks

Question no 11 and 12

12 it should be b because nucleophile attacks electrophile

Thats why i had a doubt in its solution it representing arrow like in a option

A shouldn’t be correct ,
Also for q11 i think option a is correct because N has localised lone pair , and in rest all cases it isn’t localised

Ok thanks

Question 19 and 20

No2 shows -M effect, which would increase acidity
-M operates only at ortho and para positions, so I think the answer for 19 should be b
Similarly, in 20, in option c, NO2 at ortho position shows - M. None of the others do, so answer should be c.

1 Like

In question 20 if answer is c then we cannot consider -M effect of no2 as its is ortho and para directing written by you we will consider instead -I effect

No, we have to see it's position with respect to OH group. You can redraw the compound with OH at the top, and then it will be clear that No2 is at ortho position.

Ortho and para are some absolute position, they are relative position , i.e ortho w.r.t OH actually makes sense , so here it is ortho w.r.t OH so it will show -M effect

Q12