CBSE class 12 improvement 2019 - How many subjects to write?

Hey, I got 74.4% in my boards from CBSE this in 2019 and dropped for JEE preparation. I'm a little worried about do I have to give Improvement exam and in how my subjects?

Yes, you have to give improvement to get 75% as it's minimum requirement to get college and it's not necessary to appear in all subjects for giving improvement exam. Cbse will give you a new marksheet carrying the marks of the subject you have given improvement in. So, you can properly focus and give your time to Jee.

1 Like

Does that mean I've to be in top 20 percentile after improvement?

Basically every year for admission into iits ,nits there will be eligibility marks in cbse.
Irrespective of clearing JEE exams if the students doesn’t satisfy that eligibility he/she will not be given seat in institutions.
The eligibility marks will be released at the time of start of councelling process.
Last year(2019) it was around 420(iam not exactly sure of the exact marks but roundoff)for general category for nit’s and 430 for IIT’s- general category students.
So it is better to give improvement and aim for atleast above 85 percent (To be in safer side).
For more clarity visit jee official website.

1 Like

No, you can be in top 20 percentile or you can score 75 percent both will fetch you admission in nits, iits, iiits.

Give exam in any 2 subjects in which you have lowest marks , if you are confident that you can increase 0.6 % in these 2