About SASTRA University Exam

Engineering Entrance , Sastra

Sastra University Engineering Examination:


SASTRA Deemed University, committed to excellence, with a holistic approach has consistently maintained the highest standards in “a man-making education” in the immortal words of Swami Vivekananda which can only be ensured by quality teaching of the finest calibre. Sastra University established in the year of 1984 in the form of Shanmugha College of Engineering which is now renamed, SHANMUGHA ARTS, SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & RESEARCH ACADEMY [SASTRA].  It has carved a niche for itself as a Centre for fostering and developing the body, mind and sprit of its students.  SASTRA is totally committed to this three - fold flowering of the students entrusted to its care. Our blend of academic excellence and real world experience with moral values has earned SASTRA, national recognition the university has touched heights then, those are remarkable. The Sastra university being situated at Tamilnadu  selection procedure is through 10+2 marks and secondly to bring all the students from various board there is a normalization process of marks obtained in place . The university has created its niche in the academics as well as in placing students with many reputed employers in the arena of Indian engineering education.



Degree Courses @ SASTRA University:

SASTRA University conducts undergraduate courses as well as postgraduate courses & research oriented programmes in its academic curricullum which are

1.) B.Tech; 2.) M.Tech; 3.) M.B.A; 4.) M.C.A; 5.) Ph.D.


Engineering branches in which sastra university provide B.Tech degree are as given below..

1.) Bio Engineering; 2.) Bioinformatics Engineering;
3.) Biotechnology Engineering; 4.) Chemical Engineering
5.) Civil Engineering; 6.)Computer Science & Engineering
7.) Electrical & Electronics Engineering;
8.) Electronics & Communication Engineering;
9.) Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering;
10.) Information Technology;
11.) Information Technology & Management;
12.) Mechanical Engineering; 13.) Mechatronics


Eligibility Criteria:

Sastra University eligibility criteria/ guidelines designed for student appearing in the examination,that must be followed by him in order to appear in sastra university engineering entrance exam.  Candidates seeking admission in B.Tech degree programme from SASTRA University it is required to pass their 10+2 examination from a recognized university/ board with aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects and either Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Biology as an optional subject. This eligibility criterion is prescribed by AICTE and is applicable to all engineering programs in India. And, students who have already done diploma in engineering /technology are eligible to take direct admission into the second year of the relevant B.Tech. Program, but applicant to the course must not be more than 19 years.


SASTRA University Admission Process :


   1. Admissions for 70% of Seats on SASTRA University will be done on the Basis of Marks Obtained in Qualifying Examination and the Remaining 30% of Seats will be filled based on the Merit Marks Scored in the AIEEE 2012 Entrance Test.


   2. Admissions are based only on merit and only tuition fees will have to be paid.


Other Important Links
Contact Details - Sastra
Eligibility Criteria Sastra
SLIET Points to Ponder
Admission Procedure Sastra University
SASTRA Counseling



Free Sign Up!
Sponsored Ads

Preparing for JEE?

Kickstart your preparation with new improved study material - Books & Online Test Series for JEE 2014/ 2015

@ INR 5,443/-

For Quick Info